- All Products
- Orthoride Saddle Pads
- Saddle Pads
- Horse Tack
- Farm and Barn
Sliding Short Shank Gag Bit with Copper Mouth
- METAL - Stainless Steal with Copper Sweet Iron Mouth Piece
- SIZE - 5 1/8" Mouth with 5 1/2" Cheek
- THE BIT - This bit have a life saver break in the middle to allow a better leverage for your horse, and a large base on your horses tongue for less pressure
- SWEET IRON - This bit has a solid copper mouth peice to really keep your horse salivating through your entire ride.
- RECOMMEND - This bit is for a more advanced horse, but if you are wanting to teach your horse how to get use to a shank, this is a great bit to do so. Just take the time to teach them the new pressure points before any long ride or event.
This amazing bit is not quite like the others. This bit is a light weight snaffle bit with a life saver middle. Not only do you have all the qualities of the dog bone, but the life savor adds more of a base on the tongue. This adds more pressure to a larger base of the horses mouth and with less pressure, you get more response. This short shank gag bit allows you to have the indirect pressure, yet still provide leverage. But that's not all. This bit also has a full copper mouth piece. The sweet iron of copper is not only a softer metal, it also keeps your horse salivating through your entire ride. We can't say enough good things about this bit. We do recommend this for a horse who is more advanced, and if you are introducing your horse to a shank for the first time with this bit, to take it slow and teach them the new pressure points before taking them on a long ride, or doing any event.